All provisions within this catalog are subject to change without notice. If you have questions or comments, please contact

Veterans' Benefits

Students who are veterans of military services or active members of the guard or reserve may be eligible for Veterans’ Educational Benefits. Application for benefits should be submitted to the regional Veterans Administration Office at least 30 days in advance of the start of the academic term. Dependents or spouses of veterans disabled or deceased as a result of a service-related injury may be eligible for dependents educational benefit. Other educational benefits are extended to veterans using vocational rehabilitation. Once enrolled, recipients must request that the Financial Aid Office verify their enrollment with the Veterans Administration to commence benefits.

Students using Veterans’ Educational benefits at Great Falls College MSU must maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA. If the student falls below a 2.0 cumulative GPA, he/she will have one semester to raise the GPA to 2.0. If the student is unable to do this, he/she will be placed on academic suspension and will have to sit out a term before utilizing the veterans’ educational benefit again. Appeals may be granted for extenuating circumstances.

For additional information or to apply for Veterans’ Educational Benefits, visit or contact the Financial Aid Office at 406.771.4334 or the Veterans’ Administration at 1.888.GIBILL1.

Active members of the guard or reserve should contact their unit concerning eligibility for federal tuition assistance or Montana Guard scholarships.