Great Falls College MSU

Page content   Main navigation   Contact info   Quick links   Search   Site navigation   Footer   What is this view?  

Military and Veteran Students

The tuition assistance program provides financial assistance for active duty soldiers and National Guard/Reserve to pursue education. Each military branch of service determines eligibility criteria – we recommend that interested individuals contact their installation’s education center or liaison about eligibility.

Great Falls College MSU Tuition Assistance Checklist

Visit your installation’s Education Center for Tuition Assistance (TA) application information and procedures.

Your service’s education center must approve your military tuition assistance before you enroll in a course.

Contact the Great Falls College MSU (GFC MSU) Financial Aid office for information regarding program costs and Federal Student Aid, including Grants and Federal Student Loans

GFC MSU discourages the use of Private Student Loans whenever possible. Inquire with Financial Aid staff for information about loan types, repayment rates, cohort default rate, and your right to refuse all or part of your federal student loan offer.

A cohort default rate is the percentage of a school's borrowers who enter repayment on certain Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program or William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program loans during a particular federal fiscal year (FY), October 1 to September 30, and default or meet other specified conditions prior to the end of the second following fiscal year.

Complete/submit Application for Admissions for Great Falls College MSU

Application Fee of $30 is required, proof of high school completion and Immunizations (non-degree students are not required to provide high school completion or immunization records unless enrolled in 6 or more credits). You may be required to complete a placement test.

Meet with a GFC MSU academic advisor to create an education plan and receive registration information

Complete the online request for Tuition Assistance for the semester

Have available the start and end dates of the term, cost per credit, name of course(s) and number of credits, type of credit(s)

Contact the Education office on your installation or the GFC MSU Veterans Coordinator with questions regarding completing the request for TA.

Submit a copy of the TA approval to the Student Accounts Office at Great Falls College to set up billing to your branch of service

Email to or bring to Student Accounts office on campus.

Questions, contact Student Accounts at 406-771-4315.

Attend the course. If it becomes necessary for you to withdraw from the course, immediately contact the Advising Center at Great Falls College MSU to minimize your financial liability

For assistance contact your academic advisor directly or contact the Advising Center at 406-771-5100

After completing the course, GFC MSU Registrar’s office will report the final grade(s) to the branch of service

For questions about grade reporting, contact the GFC MSU Records and Registrar’s office at 406-771-5128

Important Reminders:

The Branch of Service will pay for tuition only. Fees, placement test (if required) and books are the student’s responsibility.

Tuition Assistance will not pay for you to repeat a class.

Contact Information

Victoria Bull
Financial Aid Specialist
Student Central
Kevin Lyons
Veterans Success Coach
Office: B103