Chief Executive Officer / Dean
Answers to the Questions for the Dean
Answers to the Questions for the CEO/Dean
Click on the question/comment to view Dr. Wolff's response.
- Is the student government parking the entire row or just the first two spots?
- Student Government has two designated parking spaces in the east parking lot - both marked with signage.
- There should be a way to opt-out of the Becoming a Successful Student class. I already have a degree from U of M. I graduated with honors, which is pretty much the definition of a successful student. Aside from a for-profit university trying to squeeze more money out of a poor chump trying to better my life, I don’t see any reason for this class.
- COLS 103, Becoming a Successful Student, is a graduation requirement for most of our programs. The course is designed to provide students with the necessary tools to be successful in college. Preliminary data show that completion of this course has had a positive impact on student completion and we’ve seen an increase in overall grade point average. For students with demonstrated success in previous college coursework the class can be waived.
- Just to feel comfortable about going to school. Getting confident.
- Hopefully by this time in the semester, you are feeling more comfortable about being in school at Great Falls College MSU. We provide so many wonderful support systems and options to help students gain confidence in their choice to pursue further education.
- I don’t want to fail.
- We certainly do not want you to fail, either. Please stay in touch with your adviser, go to the Academic Success Center for free tutoring and support, and let us know what you need.
- You guys are doing a good job.
- Thank you. I truly feel that those who choose to further their education at Great Falls College MSU made a wise decision. We care about one another and the success of our students.
- Dean Wolff, have fun this year. I hope to stay in college.
- Thank you, I have fun every day and especially enjoy my time with students, faculty, staff, and all our community partners. We want you to stay in college, too. Please let us know how we better support your goal.
- I now know about the help there is more than I did last year.
We encourage all of our students to ask questions. The faculty, college staff, and your fellow students want you to succeed. We welcome suggestions for new or additional ways to provide support for students.
- Lower priced coffee.
The Bookstore regularly checks different venues for comparative pricing, both for food and drinks. Our coffee, especially the non-fancy kind, if very reasonably priced. Also, please remember that our facility does not simply pay minimum wage for our full-time employees. We pay a decent salary with full benefits.The Bookstore is the only entity within the college that is fully responsible for paying all employee and most of the operational expenses.
- Free bottled water or reduce price of bottled water in the vending machines to $1.
- The Main College Building has a water fountain by the Bookstore, the Dental Lab, and there is one in the Trades Building from which a person can refill their personal water bottles.
- More parking.
There are times when the parking lots are full but there are also several hours when there is available parking. Open spots may not be available in the most convenient location at all times. After the College develops its Strategic Plan, a Facilities Master Plan will be done to identify locations for future buildings and parking. We do not want to spend the money for a new parking lot until that plan is completed and enrollments increase.
- Is there an alternative to the COLS class? If not, why?
- COLS 103 - Becoming a Successful Student, is a graduation requirement for most of our programs. The course is designed to provide students with the necessary tools to be successful in college. Preliminary data show that completion of this course has had a positive impact on student completion and we’ve seen an increase in overall grade point average. For students with demonstrated success in previous college coursework the class can be waived.
- Rumor was that the old construction shop was to be an add-on to the welding shop? It hasn’t been added and the welding shop is a little too small for comfort.
The third bay of the Trades Building will have space and equipment for fabrication classes and training, welding certification testing, customized training, and Lifelong Learning classes. Fabrication classes will provide another level of training beyond basic welding.
- Thank you for giving me the opportunity to become a student and to get a higher education.
You are more than welcome. This college, its faculty, and staff are focused on our students and their success.
- You are running this college great.
Thank you. It is a privilege to walk beside all the faculty, students, and staff while meeting the needs of our citizens and communities.