Great Falls College MSU will issue timely warning to the campus community of violent crimes against a person, a substantial crime against property, and/or emergency situation on or near campus that represents a serious or ongoing threat to the campus community.
Crimes for which a timely warning may be appropriate include, but are not limited to: murder, manslaughter, sex offenses, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, arson, motor vehicle theft, and hate crimes. Timely warnings will typically include the following information, if known:
1. A succinct statement of the incident, including the nature and severity of the threat and locations or persons who might be affected;
2. Any connection to previous incidents;
3. Physical description and/or composite drawing of the suspect;
4. Date and time the warning was released;
5. Other relevant and important information, such as any bias motive, the gender of the victim, and/or
Student / non‐student status; and
6. Appropriate safety tips.