Great Falls College MSU

Page content   Quick links   Search   Site navigation   Footer   What is this view?  

UM - School of Social Work BA Social Work

Students completing the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science and prerequisites at Great Falls College MSU may transfer 60 or more credits toward the BA in Social Work at University of Montana - School of Social Work.

Great Falls College A.A. or A.S. to B.A. - Social Work at University of Montana - School of Social Work

Complete the AA or AS degree and prerequisites listed below

at Great Falls College

(see catalog)

Course Name


SW 100 Intro to Social Welfare 3
SW 200 Intro to Social Work Practice 3

BIOB 101 Discover Biology w/lab or:

BIOB 160 Princ. Of Living Systems w/lab


ECNS 201 Micro Economics or:

ECNS 202 Macro Economics

PSCI 210 Introduction to American Government 3
PSYX 100 Introduction to Psychology 3
PSYX 230 Developmental Psychology (across the lifespan) 3
SOCI 101 Introduction to Sociology 3

Other courses should be taken to complete the AA or AS in General Studies degrees at Great Falls College before transferring to the Unviversity of Montana School of Social Work. Please consult your advisor.

Transfer To UM School of Social Work
And Complete The Required Courses

(see UM 2+2 BSW Distance Online Program)

Great Falls College Contact

Advising and Career Center
Phone: 406.771.5100

University of Montana Contact

Heidi Holzer, Social Work Advisor
Phone: 406.243.5543

Back To Transfer Planning Page