- Extended test time
- Distraction-free testing environment
- Various other test accommodations
- Adaptive computer equipment/software
- Note takers
- Sign Language interpreters
- Ergonomic equipment
- Preferential classroom seating
- Tape recording lectures
Exam proctors are available to assist with alternative exams, but arrangements must be made at least one week in advance. All accommodation requests are subject to instructor approval, and no instructor will be asked to compromise the integrity of the course. If issues or concerns arise surrounding an accommodation request, the instructor, the student and the Director of Disability Services work together to find a solution acceptable to everyone.
Students with temporary disabling conditions may request reasonable accommodations for a limited amount of time. Students may request special arrangements with each instructor, and if the instructor allows course modifications, the student may request the temporary use of Disability Services resources (e.g. testing room/proctor; assistive technology) as available. Such requests must be accompanied by medical documentation of the temporary condition, and will only be granted as resources are available. In all cases, students registered with Disability Services will receive top priority for use of resources.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday- 8:00-5:00 p.m.
Saturday through Sunday- Closed
The Disability Services Office is located in R 261 on the 2nd level at the top of the ramp across from the Advising and Career Center and next to the Academic Success Center.
- Elevator access to the 2nd level is available through the “A” Atrium entrance on the north side of the building.
- Ramp access to the 2nd level is located near the Book Store on the first level.