All provisions within this catalog are subject to change without notice. If you have questions or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CIT - Network Support and Security
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Program Director: Steven Robinett
Program Faculty: Cheryl Simpson
The Computer Information Technology (CIT) Program prepares individuals to assume a role in computer support with skills and responsibilities in user support, hardware and software troubleshooting, basic system maintenance, and cybersecurity.
The Network Support & Security Degree prepares students for a career in supporting Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN) with a focus on the skills required to understand and manage the operation of a small and large computer network. The students will learn valuable technical skills to identify the security needs of an organization as well as be able to implement the appropriate protection and security of the system.
Upon completion of the Network Support & Security Degree, students will be able to successfully design, implement, manage and maintain effective network infrastructures; analyze data to determine security threats; and identify and prevent data threats and privacy invasion for both home and corporate clients as an entry level network technician/system administrator/system analyst/security analyst.
Graduates are prepared to:
- Utilize TCP/IP applications to prove their understanding of networking protocols used to control modern networking infrastructures.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of network security principles as well as the tools and configurations available within a network.
- Master the concepts of the theoretical OSI networking model.
- Secure network assets by exploring the mechanisms of ethical hacking and network defense.
- Create, secure, maintain, and troubleshoot both wired and wireless network infrastructures and infrastructure devices.
- Employ and master the skills needed to create, secure and maintain server based networks using both Microsoft Windows and open source Linux server systems.
- Develop and implement a logical troubleshooting, security, and maintenance system for Personal Computing systems.
- Prepare for networking support industry standard certifications such as: CCNA, CCNP, MCSA CompTIA Network+, CompTIA PenTest+, and CCNA Security
Estimated Resident Program Cost*
|Tuition and Fees||$6,900|
Fall 2020 MUS Student Health Insurance Premiums will be changing. Please check the Health Insurance website and/or Student Central for confirmed premium rates. Students will be charged an additional fee of $21 per credit for online/hybrid courses.
Many students need preliminary math and writing courses before enrolling in the program requirements. These courses may increase the total number of program credits. Students should review their math and writing placement before planning out their full program schedules.
|CSCI 105||Computer Fluency +||3|
|ITS 125||Fund of Voice & Data Cabling +||3|
|M 105||Contemporary Mathematics **,+||3|
|NTS 104||CCNA 1: Intro to Networks *,+||3|
|NTS 105||CCNA 2: Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials *,+||3|
|ITS 210||Network OS - Desktop *,+||3|
|NTS 206||CCNA 3: Enterprise Networking Security and Automation +||3|
|ITS 280||Computer Repair & Maintenance *,+||4|
|COMX 115||Intro to Interpersonal Communc +||3|
|ITS 215||Network OS -Dir /Infrastructre *,+||4|
|ITS 256||CCNA Security *,+||3|
|ITS 265||CCNP Enterprise: Core Networking 1 +||4|
|ITS 267||CCNP Enterprise: Core Networking 2 +||4|
|ITS 224||Introduction To Linux *,+||4|
|ITS 274||Ethical Hacking and Network Defense *,+||3|
|Select one of the following:|
|ITS 298||Internship *,+||3|
|ITS 299||Capstone *,+||3|
|Select one of the following:|
|WRIT 101||College Writing I **,+||3|
|WRIT 121||Intro to Technical Writing **,+||3|
These courses are highly recommended.
|These courses are highly recommended.|
Indicates prerequisites needed.
Placement in course(s) is determined by placement assessment.
Technical electives must be approved by program director.
A grade of C- or above is required for graduation.